Toto Vespin

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich B

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am about ready to replace a toilet and decided quite a while ago to try the Toto Vespin.

When I measure from the existing toilet flange bolts back to the finished tile wall behind the tank I have 13.5"

Will a Toto Vespin with the 14" unifit adapter fit?

The present toilet sticks out much to far and there is about 3 or more inches behind the tank to the wall.

I moved the water supply and shutoff over a few inches some time ago to have the proper clearance there for a Vespin

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Per the spec sheet, there is normally 3/4" behind the Vespin, when installed on the 'exact' rough-in, so yes, it should fit. You can fudge the placement of the adapter a little, too, so you should have no problems. The only issue might be the placement of the water supply shutoff, as the skirt is wider than a 'conventional' unskirted toilet. I have a Vespin and a Carlyle in my home...both work well. You might consider the Vespin II, which uses less water and has a few other enhancements.

Rich B

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim......I also thought it should work with the 14" adapter. I did move the water supply over already in order to accomodate the wider skirt. I have an old 12" round bowl toilet in this tiny bathroom. It sits well off the wall and there is very little room in front of the bowl to a vanity........
I am hoping the Vespin works well and I know it will improve the space issue between the bowl and the vanity.......I am a little afraid of the condition of the flange though. I know whats there as I installed the toilet many years ago....... A Brass flange over a lead bend.......It does not leak and never has... ( I have the ceiling open under it.....and it's spotless under there) ......

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks