Types of TP

Users who are viewing this thread

KathyER

Reaction score
Oh, the wonderful things I'm learning!

I've had roots in the line cleaned this week. I know you guys don't recommend chemicals. Does that mean the root killer? How come?

People tell me to not use this or that type of TP. I have a 45 yr old line that goes to the city main that needs babying until I can have it camera.

Sorry if I've already posted this question... I didn't see where I did.

Thanks!
Kathy

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sewer

Root killers are one of those things that may not do any good, but at least they do not cause problems. If the sewer is flowing properly the root killers to not stay in the line long enough to even "bother" the roots.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
mothballs are good

comon mothballs used to preserve clothing
works real good in a sewer line....

they are cheap and just flush a 1/2 a box down
the toilet every month for about $1.50 and they will
kill anything down in the line and probably ward off rats too.

they actually burn and iritate the roots

KathyER

Reaction score
And what about different types of TP? Several people have told me not to use the "soft stuff" or double-ply. Does that clog the line? Besides or unless roots.. right?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
tp

The paper will break down, but there are some toilets that will sometimes balk at flushing if heavy, double thickness paper is used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks