Leaking anti-siphon valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

PhileFriendly

Reaction score
Hi-
One of the anti-siphon valves for my system seems to be leaking. If I shut off the water to the irrigation system altogether then the leak stops, but as soon as I turn it back on I get a slow trickle coming out of the anti-siphon part of the valve continuously. This is a basic Orbit 3/4 anti-siphon valve from Lowes.
I opened the valve up (both the anti-siphon side and the valve side), and inspected all of the parts and everything seems to be in good shape, but obviously there is something not right here. Any suggestions? Is it more likely that the problem is in the anti-siphon side, or a slow leak coming from the solenoid side?

Thanks in advance!

Fireguy97

Irrigation Contractor
Reaction score
You didn't say if this is a new or old valve that is leaking. You also didn't say where at the Anti-Siphon that it's leaking at. Housing, seam, threads? I wouldn't normally waste a lot of time hunting down and diagnosung problems. With my hourly rate, it's less expensive to just replace the valve.

Did you examine the lower part of the housing when you had it apart? Was it cracked?

Mick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks