(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Toto Vespin

Default Toto Vespin

I am about ready to replace a toilet and decided quite a while ago to try the Toto Vespin.

When I measure from the existing toilet flange bolts back to the finished tile wall behind the tank I have 13.5"

Will a Toto Vespin with the 14" unifit adapter fit?

The present toilet sticks out much to far and there is about 3 or more inches behind the tank to the wall.

I moved the water supply and shutoff over a few inches some time ago to have the proper clearance there for a Vespin

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Per the spec sheet, there is normally 3/4" behind the Vespin, when installed on the 'exact' rough-in, so yes, it should fit. You can fudge the placement of the adapter a little, too, so you should have no problems. The only issue might be the placement of the water supply shutoff, as the skirt is wider than a 'conventional' unskirted toilet. I have a Vespin and a Carlyle in my home...both work well. You might consider the Vespin II, which uses less water and has a few other enhancements.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Thanks Jim......I also thought it should work with the 14" adapter. I did move the water supply over already in order to accomodate the wider skirt. I have an old 12" round bowl toilet in this tiny bathroom. It sits well off the wall and there is very little room in front of the bowl to a vanity........
    I am hoping the Vespin works well and I know it will improve the space issue between the bowl and the vanity.......I am a little afraid of the condition of the flange though. I know whats there as I installed the toilet many years ago....... A Brass flange over a lead bend.......It does not leak and never has... ( I have the ceiling open under it.....and it's spotless under there) ......
    Last edited by Rich B; 08-19-2010 at 05:33 PM.