How to route piping

Users who are viewing this thread

Bodrey

Reaction score
Hi all,

It will take a minute or two to paint a picture for all of you so please bear with me...

I just bought a vanity that I want to install in my bathroom. Right now, there is a wall mounted sink only with the pipes going straight down through the floor. I want to re-route the piping for the vanity so that it comes from the wall. However, (and herein lies the problem) the wall that the sink sits on used to be the outside wall of the house (the bathroom was added on later and is built on a crawl space). So, I can't drill down into the basement through the support member as it sits on the house's original concrete foundation. I also plan to install a tub surround at the other end of the bathroom from the sink (my bathroom is small; it's only a distance of about 5-6' away). I was thinking of using PEX pipe for the sink's water lines and tapping into the tub surround's copper piping. However, what do I do about the drain piping under the sink (the ABS)? Sure I can route into the wall but from there how do I get it over to the tub surround? ABS is not flexible and I don't want to use multiple couplers (one between each stud) to join several small sections together. I also don't want to cut the support members to accommodate one long length of ABS. Is there a PEX alternative to ABS that I could use instead?

Sorry it took so long to explain. I hope you get my meaning.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks