Goodman Model GU100-3 S/N 860602118

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYWanabe

Reaction score
The blower motor on my Goodman Model GU100-3 (S/N 860602118) has gone caput. I am trying to locate a suitable replacement motor. The motor is a GE Model 5KCP39HGM614S. It is HP 1/3 RPM 1075 V 115 HZ 60 Amps 5.50 1 PH Cap 7.5 / 370 Equip Mers #B13400-03. I have not been able to locate an exact match. Can you point me in the right direction?

DIYWanabe

Reaction score
Goodman Model GU100-3

After reading some other posts, could the capacitor be the cause of the problem? When the fan is turned on the motor hums loudly but will not turn.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Goodman part number for the motor is B134002 1S. Google that. They are readily available. Always replace the capacitor with the motor.

How much money do you want to spend on that 24 year old furnace? The motor will cost $200 plus or minus, and there will be shipping if you buy it on line because it is heavy. You can get it possibly at a local HVAC supplier, but you will pay retail close to $250.

You can get a good capacitor tester in the $75 to $150 range. A new cap will run $15 to$30.

DIYWanabe

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been gone for a week and just returned to a very hot and humid house. I spoke with a couple different HVAC guys and they directed me to Grainger for a replacement blower motor. Unfortunately it is a three wire motor and the original motor had five wires. Is there some place I could get an original wiring diagram. Or can someone out there give me some assistance. The original had orange purple black red and yellow wires. The replacement blower has only black yellow and red.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The original motor was a four speed, hence the various extra colored wires. You were only using one speed, possibly two if you were hooked up for one speed for A/C, a different speed for heat.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks