Basement Floor Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

dzd9fy

Reaction score
What would be a good way to "plug" a floor drain prior to installing carpet in our finished basement?

There is a rough 4 1/2" hole in the basement floor [4" concrete slab] over a clay tile that is T-shaped and runs horizontally. The tile has water sitting in it, approximately 8" below the top of the floor. In the 10 years in the the water level has seeminly remained at the same level be it spring, summer, fall, winter. There is a slight amount of moisture where the clay tile T butts the bottom of the conrete but not a dripping condition.

How is the best way to "plug this hole in the floor"? We are planning to install carpet so I do not want a floor drain visible, but I want to be mindful of the need if there basement ever flooded I could use this drain to deal with water. I am talking if a water pipe busrt or such.

I should have mentioned that this is not a mechinical room and the basement has a sump pump in the utility room that I am guessing this drain man connect to, but if so there is a slight problem with the slope!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks