deep well pump won't reach shutoff pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Lynnfish

Reaction score
1 hp Starite deep well, with packer ejector and foot valve. Filled pipe and pump thru pressure gage. Holds prime. Started with the pressure Regulator completely closed. Pressures to 40lbs. right away but will not reach shutoff pressure of 50lbs. Pressure drops to zero immideiately when power is cut. Please let me know if I can provide any more info. Thanks so much for your time and advice!
Lynn

Lynnfish

Reaction score
we had the pump rebuilt and they left out a gasket , we carefully cut a gasket and re-assembled the pump could there be an enternal leak in the pump . we have a shut off valve one foot from pressure control valve , so the system should pump up right away , one would think. we had the pipe out of the well. we installed a new foot valve , new leathers, new gasket and plunger internal to the ejector, inspected the venturi and there was no blockage. i am at a loss for words damn it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks