Leak from top of fill valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

apac

Reaction score
water is leaking from the top of that black thing. i highlighted in red the rod, right under which is where the water appears to be coming from. the toilet is flushing fine, but refilling takes 10minutes. wasnt like this before. it is also making a whistling type noise when refilling, but everything i read says that only happens with the old float ball design, and this toilet has a overflow valve

0812001458.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Fluidmaster sells a replacement washer that may fix this. Sounds like you may have some debris caught inside. A new gasket washer is cheap, and worth trying.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

apac

Reaction score
so should i just buy a replacement top thing of the fill valve? I don't know what a gasket washer is. I took off the black top thing and when i made it fill with water, it sprayed everywhere. and i did the watercolor in the tank test, no leaks if that means anything

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The gasket only costs a buck or so and is easy to replace. The instructions are on the card.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks