Venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

ML

Reaction score
This is probably as basic as it gets, but I'm a newish homeowner contemplating a bathroom renovation (complete, to the studs and joists) and am trying to get a little better understanding of what it will entail.

Specifically, if two fixtures (tub and vanity sink) drain into the same horizontal pipe that runs to the soil stack, where in that pipe should the vent "riser" (?) begin? Does one vertical pipe installed down the line from both tub and sink adequately serve as a vent? Or does there need to be a second vent pipe between the two fixtures?

The sink is about 3 feet from the stack, and the tub drain only about 7 or 8 (very small bathroom). They have both drained very slowly since we moved in but I assume that is due to cruddy old pipes more than inadequate venting, but after the redo I'd like proper drainage (no more standing in inches of water while showering would be a good thing).

Thanks,
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks