Lennox / Copeland AC Compressor

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I've got a Lennox M/N HS29-060-1p AC with Serial number 5899M43648

First installer says air compressor is bad and am waiting on a replacement with a verbal install price of $1800.

Now waiting for the part to come (cant tell us for sure when it will be in) and have called a couple other Lennox retailers , one indicating that Lennox cross references a Copeland compressor. 1st Lennox says that Copeland may require a retrofit and is not of as good of a quality. Is this true? My other calls are saying $2100 and up to $2500 for install. Apparetnly the Copeland is readily available, and the Lennox compressor is "on its way." Any feedback on the Copeland vs. the Lennox?

AC went out Sunday, Omaha NE, Humid and 96-97 degrees again today. So hoteling it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is not an AIR compressor, it is just "the" compressor.

Lenox does not make compressors. The original might have been a copeland, a bristol, or a tecumseh. As long as the specs are matched up, any good compressor will be a good replacement. Depending on the tons...a replacement compressor will cost the installer between $400 and $800. About 20% more if it is a scroll rather than a recip. And if you buy the Lennox OEM compressor, add a couple hundred.

Depending on the failure mode, replacement could be easy, or if you had a burnout or something, a complete flush, evacuation, and replacement of several pounds of R22 at $10 to $30 per pound , may be needed. I would guess the job would run a couple of hours to 3 or 4 hours.

chas22

Reaction score
I never buy compressors from Lennox for replacement. I replace with a like compressor and buy an extended 5yr warranty for about the same price as the compresson from lennox.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks