Animal Landscaping

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I was driving home from work and came across something so new that I am not sure everyone will want to have it for their own.

I nearly hit a tree.

What I saw was a beautiful patch of flowers, tulips, roses, all kinds of neat things in a long rectangular patch but what was in the middle of it is what caught my eye and made me steer recklessly.

Laying on its back with all 4 legs up in the air was a dead deer!

It was quite the thing to see, I can't imagine what the woman of the house is going to think when she comes outside to do some weeding. :)

I wish I had the camera with me. No one is going to believe me.

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, God no, this was the real deal.

*I should add, this road is a busy one and the flower patch might had been just a tadbit too close, lol.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A friend was driving outside the town in Michigan where I used to live. He came across a dead deer in the road. Since you were allowed to "harvest" a dead deer if you notified the authorities, the person probably went in to town to get a policeman. My friend was driving a VW minibus, so he opened the doors and threw the deer inside, then left. As he was driving away he could see the police cars in the distance heading his way. The officers probably told the guy that he just stunned the deer and that it got up and walked away. YOU probably missed out on a load of venison.

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
we rented a house on a rural road in upstate NY while in college. one rainy night a lady showed up at the door - shaken up after hitting a deer. it wasn't real big, but it did a number on her car. we called the state troopers and one of the first things he asked is if she wanted the deer. she said no and we didn't want it either. the trooper dragged the deer off and hid it in the bushes. am sure he came back later and picked it up - it was gone the next morning and it didn't walk away ...

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Yep, wouldn't have looked good with a state patrol car running around with a deer strapped to the fender. Reminds me of the story when a city guy was hunting deer in Wisconsin. He got his deer, but while he was driving home a state trooper stopped him and wanted to know where he got the cow. Or the guy who was bragging about all the "brown pheasants" he had shot. The guy standing next to him in the bar, asked, "Wow, can I see those brown pheasants?" When the hunter opened his trunk his buddy, who happened to be a game warden, arrested him.

Cookie

Reaction score
My dad was a big fan of bow and arrow and growing up all of us kids had to learn, shooting into bales of hay stacked up on each other. As I was getting ready to shoot I saw a deer peeking around the bales of hay and when my dad asked what I was doing, I asked him, " do you want me to shoot the deer?"

" What deer?" he was mumbling, for the deer kept ducking back in when he looked. I told my dad that there was a deer behind the big stacks of hay. He said, " there is nothing back there, just shoot."

So, I did. And, out ran a buck, right towards my dad....

...he never doubted me ever again on anything I said.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks