Kitchen gas line

Users who are viewing this thread

jphelps

Reaction score
I am remodeling my kitchen and needed to move the natural gas line 1' to the left. The line previousely came up from the gargae below and turned 90 degrees out through the wall. I turned the 90 degree elbow to the left, connected a 12" iron pipe, ran it through a stud, and attached another 90 degree elbow turning it back out through the wall. All connections were made with yellow gas pipe tape. I checked for leaks with soapy water after everything was completed and saw no bubbles. Everything is done and I'm ready to close up the wall, but having never worked on gas lines, I'm nervous about leaks, or having used the wrong types of fittings. The valve and all components are the same parts that were oringinally there, I just added a 12" iron pipe and one 90 degree elbow. Is this OK? Any tips and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
Sounds like everything is OK as long as you did everything really tight. I really prefer pipe dope, it's more forgiving in application than tape is. Just as long as you didn't use the pink or white tape...

jphelps

Reaction score
Thanks Spacemen, I ended up re-doing the connections that would be enclosed in the wall with Rectorseal pipe dope. All the fitting are as tight as I could get them. No leaks with soapy water, so up goes the sheetrock. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks