NO hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

rkirton

Reaction score
I have a 6 year old house and just recently in my guest bath there is no hot water @ the faucet. Its a Moen single lever (or knob) that turns CCW. Usually all the way to get hot water. Now when you turn the knob all the way to hot the is almost no water coming out. I don't have this problem anywhere else in the house, and the one in that bathroom was working fine until recently. Dpoes anyone have advice on what I should look for or repair or replace. Its a single piece entire tub surround, and I didn't want to open the wall up behind the tub unless it's absolutely necessary. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm a pretty handy guy, used to be a GC, and am still an owner Mgr. for an auto equip. co. I do a ton of elect. and mech. work, but not so much plumbing.
Thanks, Randy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you take out the offending part and shake, you should be able to hear the spool valve move. While replacing is probably better, you might free it up by giving it a whack after you get it out. No guarantees on when or if that would last!

rkirton

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound naive but how do you remove the cartridge or the spool. Is there a site where I can see this. I have rebuilt kitchen faucets with kits, haven't on a tub set up.
Thanks for all of the help.
Randy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Go to the manufactuer's website and download the installation instructions. It also shows a parts breakdown. Basically, you remove the handle, and the cartridge is underneath. Some have a clip, some a clamp or ring. then you can pull it out. Depending on how old it is and the water, some can be a pain to pull out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks