Toto Drake: 1.6GPF vs 1.28 GPF - Is 1.28GPF Drake just as good??

Users who are viewing this thread

GoshenPlumber

Reaction score
Terry,

Only one plumbing supply house in my area sells Toto. They tell me the Toto Drake 1.6GPF is no longer manufactured. They sell only the Drake Eco 1.28GPF. Here I was ready to order the 1.6GPF model and now it is no longer made!!

Question please --

(1) Is the supply house correct that the Toto Drake 1.6GPF is no longer manufactured?

(2) Do you recommend the 1.28GPF Drake Eco model (CST744E) with as much enthusiasm as you recommend the 1.6GPF Drake model (CST744S)?

(3) What is the difference in the toilet design between the 1.6GPF and 1.28GPF models?

(4) How much water does the 1.28GPF Drake hold in the tank?

(5) Does the 1.28GPF Drake operate the same way as the 1.6GPF in that there is enough water in the tank for a second flush?

(6) Is the 1.28GPF bowl the same as the 1.6GPF bowl?

(7) Is the flush valve still 3" for both?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think the only difference between them is the filler valve (it needs to put more water into the bowl than the tank) and the flapper valve (it closes quicker). Reports here from people that have used both, no worries, save the water.

CarlH

Reaction score
I just installed my second Eco Drake in my house. That's 2 Eco Drakes and one non-Eco Drake. I really cant tell much of a difference between Eco and non-Eco. As far as I know, they both get the same bowl. The only difference is the tank parts. I would have no hesitation with getting the Eco Drake. Although, I do like the Korky fill valve in the non-Eco better than the WDI in the Eco.

Achutch

Reaction score
I have both the 1.6 Drake and the Eco Drake. I have found no difference in their performance, which is A++ Excellent.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The big difference, is that the flapper is weighted to drop quicker in the 1.28
Same bowl, same tank, differnet flapper and fill valve.
Water level is the same.
Almost no difference in flush.

And they do still make the 1.6 tanks. I sell about half and half.
Not everybody stocks as much as I do though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks