Best grout sealant?

Users who are viewing this thread

JulieK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read that I should be careful to use a high-quality grout sealant for my shower tiles, not the stuff they sell at Home Depot. What brands would be best, and where would I buy them (in the Seattle area)?

thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had good luck with StoneTec stuff. You might have good luck contacting a granite fabricator - they can't afford to use lousy stuff. I mail-oredered mine from the TYW store on www.johnbridge.com. Normally, you don't need much. The really good stuff is quite expensive, but not bad if you can find it in say pint bottles. The good stuff can cost in the order of $150/gallon, but that is WAY more than a person would need for a home - that would last probably 200-years! The stuff generally goes a long ways.

ndog

Reaction score
I've used aquamix sealer on recommendation from john bridge too. It worked great! I found it at a local hardware store. Another place to try is looking up tile stores in the yellow pages or on google local they usually have the better stuff.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Tile Lab brand of products found in the hardware stores is good enough. They have "good-better-best" products in the line. Go for BEST.

boykster

Reaction score
Tile For Less in seattle or bellevue sells AquaMix brand sealer - I've used it a few times on showers and it works well. I can also recommend StoneTech - I've used their granite sealer and it's great.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks