How to Replace a Delta Pull Down Diverter Tub Spout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerry407

Reaction score
I have to replace a Delta Pull Down Diverter Tub Spout Part Delta part# RP17454 The Tub spout comes out of the bathroom wall and has caulking around the wall were it comes out. How do I replace the Tub Spout. Is it screwed on to a pipe behind the wall and do just remove the caulking and simply unscrew it. Do I have to disconnect the pull down diverter that is inside the spout end. Or do I have to tear out the bathroom wall to get to the inside plumbing to undo the Tub Spout. I never had to change this before. The idiots who designed this older house did not make any access panel or area to get to the plumbing defind the walls. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Have A Great Day.

Sincerely
Jerry407

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The most common version unscrews from an adapter. You'll need to slice through the caulking first in order to unscrew it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The pull downs ALL screw on to an adapter, and the best, easiest, replacement is to install a new one using the same adapter. Any other spout will most likely require modifying the distance the pipe extends from the wall.

delta-rp17453-terrylove.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks