Deep well leathers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lynnfish

Reaction score
If the leathers are bad will the pipe hold prime?? I have a Starite MSE-6 with the packer assembly down a 2" well. I can get the pipe to hold water so it seems to be primed. The pump only gets to 10lbs. of pressure and will not go any higher. The top of the pipe and the bottom of the pump are cold to the touch when I turn it on so it seems as if the jet is bringing water to the pump. I would think if the leathers are bad the pipe would not prime, right?? I have replaced the shutoff valve between the pump and the tank and I see no water leaking anywhere. Could I have a leak (air or water) somewhere down the well and the pipe still hold prime? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Lynn

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
The nozzle in the injector (packer jet assembly in the well) is plugged. The leathers are OK but you will have to pull the packer and clean the nozzle, replace the leathers and reinstall it. Be careful not to let anything get in the pipes as it will stop up the nozzle again. Good luck, anytime you have to open the packer system you stand to plug the nozzle. The injector builds the pressure, not the pump.

Lynnfish

Reaction score
Porky, Thank you so much. That is exactly what I needed to hear. Not that I want to pull the pipe, but at least I know what I'm dealing with. The injecter building pressure makes perfect sense now. Thanks again,
Lynn

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks