TOTO...need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Brent S

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

This past week an accident neccessitated replacing a 20 year old toilet. I've found out the hard way that 13 liter flushes are a thing of the past!!

I called a plumber to replace the toilet, expecting maybe not the same model but at least the same functionality, and he installed a Crane Granada 6 liter. After a day of frustration with that, I did a bit of reseach and found TOTO toilets on the net. I went to a local plumbing supply with the idea of buying a 2 piece CST423SFG. While there the salesman told me he didn't have one in stock, but that he had a better model, a 1 piece MS853113. I noticed that it didn't have the G flush or the Sana Gloss options. The salesman told me they were over rated and that this toilet would work as well or better than the CST423SFG. I'm not impressed at all. Three days, 2 blocks and numerous multi flushes later, this toilet is headed for the dumpster.

My question is this......will I find the CST423SFG to be a better toilet, or is there a better model TOTO, or for that matter, a model from another manufacturer that will actually flush waste away and leave a clean bowl behind? I would prefer a 2 piece, but at this point function is more important to me.

Thanks for any advise, and sorry for the rambling post.

Brent

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check out the Drake II with the dual cyclone flush. CEFIONTECT (others make a similar glaze option on their toilets) is a nice addition - it IS slicker, and stuff washes off easier. Nothing is perfect, and a 6-l toilet won't end up as clean as a 13-l one, but there is no excuse for frequent clogging. The Totos will evacuate the waste better than most, though. I don't think I've needed a plunger in 10-years or so since I 'saw the light'. I have a Vespin and Carlyle (both updated since), and my I put in two Drakes at my mother's house. All work well.

Brent S

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Thanks, but I just checked the Drake II on the Toto site, and I only found one with CEFIONTECT. The problem is that it is an elongated bowl. I'm in an older house with a small bathroom where the door opens in front of the toilet. An elongated bowl would hinder the door fully opening. The other thing I just noticed is that it is a 4.8 lpf toilet. With the problems I'm having with 6 lpf I'm not sure I would want to go even lower!

I've been reading the site (and others) this afternoon and have found many great reviews of the Drake II. How does a round bowl 6 lpf Promenade with G+ flushing and CEFIONTECT compare to it??

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All brands are not created equal! Toto is the largest toilet maker in the world...they have lots of experience. The difference is day and night from some other brands. Double-check the spec sheets, some elongated are actually shorter than some other brand's round. Any males in the family will like the elongated...check it, you might be surprised. G-max is fairly consistent between models...have you checked Terry's test pages?

Brent S

Reaction score
A Toto elongated is too long for the spot.

Terry's test pages, that I've found, do not mention the round bowl Promenade with CEFIONTECT and the G-Max flush.

The toilet that is currently installed is a Toto (MS853113, Ultimate), without CEFIONTECT and G-Max. It does clog and does not clear the bowl every time. Along with that it leaves the bowl heavily streaked.

If anyone has a round bowl Promenade with CEFIONTECT and 6 lpf G-Max flush CST423SFG, can you please tell me if it clears the bowl with one flush and cleans the sides of the bowl as well??

ms853113e-01.jpg

MS853113E-01

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks