Culligan MK 50 programming settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Outhouse

Reaction score
I've had a Culligan MK 50 for 6 years and after the original company installation, the settings just don't seem proper. There are 3 adults in the home and occasionally the toilet water is brown and the water has an iron smell. There's no bridging in the salt tank, but have noticed it uses less salt when I switched to a higher quality salt with "red out" (is this dreaming, or could it be?)
I just today changed the settings to:SLEP 15, BUU 25, BR 60, CAP 31 and am currently regenerating. The new settings are higher than previously set.
Am I in the Outhouse with these settings?
I would appreciate suggested settings for this unit based on the above information. Thanks!

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
To properly set up your unit you need to provide a water analysis that includes, at a minimum, hardness, iron, manganese, pH, and TDS.

Your water quality could have changed over 6 years or the unit may not be functioning properly. Changing the salt will not change the amount of salt used--but a malfunctioning unit can use less salt and not provide adequate softening.

Outhouse

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I'll get a water sample tested and post results for comments from the experts here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks