Help - Rainsoft Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

bobdiseren

Reaction score
I need help with Rainsoft Gold system. We bought a new house 3 days ago with a Rainsoft Gold system in Bypass, I hooked up power, set every thing up filled the tank with salt and the there is no way to take it out of bypass, it uses a special tool for both sides of the valve, a flat two pronged tool to open the valves. I can't find one anywhere and there is no installer withing 100 miles. I tried a few plumbers and no joy there either. Can anyone point me to one of these tools? Thank you.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
How about the handles on a pair of pliers in the grooves etc., or the end of a screw driver, a pair of channel lock pliers instead of looking for their tool?

Shut your water off, open a faucet to bleed off pressure and remove the by pass valve and reconnect the unit without the by valve?

IOWs, think outta the box. Cut a piece of metal, plywood or oak in the shape you need to operate the valve.

BTW, I've never heard of or seen any tool used for a by pass valve. If the softener started a serious leak, how would the owner by pass the unit if they needed to find a special tool first? So I don't think you need a special tool, just anything that will do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks