Basement dehumidifier/ condensate pump

Users who are viewing this thread

TCass

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a partially finished basement in the NE and I'd like to stop having to haul water up from the dehumidifier to empty it every day. I have no basement drain or sump pump. If I used a condensate pump I could "drain it out the window" which is what the manufacturers say but this doesn't make much sense to me (leaving basement window open to elements not to mention critters). Can I somehow attach hose to DWV pipe coming from second floor bathroom which is in ceiling of unfinished part of basement? Not getting how to attach the 20' 3/8 tubing that comes with say, a Liberty LCU-20S into my drains from above. Washer is on first floor, other side of house so not easy to route tubing up and into the stand pipe.

BTW,Thanks for all past help I've gotten by lurking here :)
Tracy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on the window, you might replace a pane with Lexan and then drill a hole through it to allow the plastic tubing to exit the house. The Lexan is a much stronger version of plexiglass. they make a version that is UV resistant. You'd need an air gap and p-trap to dump the condensate if you tried to patch it in there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks