Is there any updated/current info concerning the best bowl washing toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

indee

Reaction score
I am assuming most highly reviewed and rated toilets "do the job" concerning power in the flush. I've been researching Toto Drake, Toto Soiree and the Toto Guinevere. I've also been reading about the American Standard Cadet 3.

I'm getting really fatigued trying to compare all hese apples and oranges. Someone PLEASE help!!!! :)

My bottom line is that I want the best bowl wash possible! This powder bath toilet will be used a lot by kids, teenagers and guests who don't always tidy up after flushing when needed.

We're replacing an old toilet that frequently clogs for a home we recently bought. We added a "father in-law suite" where we added a fully ada bath. Purchased a kohler that I need to brush the bowl clean daily. I don't want to make that mistake in this toilet.

Any quick advice will be greatly appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bowls with CEFIONTECT do stay a bit cleaner, though any toilet since 1992 will require more cleaning. In 1991, toilets were using 3.5 gallons. Those days are long gone.

The Drake II seems to be doing well.

indee

Reaction score
Terry, thanks for the reply. A little clarification, if you don't mind....

Would the Drake II wash the bowl as well as the Soiree or the Guinevere? I had read one of your posts from several years ago in which you mentioned the double cyclone bowl wash. (That's why I requested any updated info.) I don't mind spending a little extra to get a better wash along with a good flush.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Those with the same flush technology generally have the same performance - the differences are in style. A minor difference seems to go to the two-piece, since their tank generally is a little higher, the water has a little more oomph. Minor difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks