Can I use unused tankless for heating?

Users who are viewing this thread

john2129

Reaction score
I have a V-1 Burnham boiler with forced hot water heating. The tankless part has never been connected to anything. Can I plub this into my FHW system - I'll test for leaks first.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
What's the point of using the tankless coil for space heating rather than the boiler itself? The tankless coil's heat exchanger, is not of infinite heat-exchange capacity, but is probably enough to handle moderate space heating loads. It's output capacity will depend on the temp you run the boiler at, which may be a a higher (==lossier, lower efficiency) temp than if running the heating system directly.

john2129

Reaction score
Sorry, I was not clear...

My boiler IS used for FHW space heating. Would it increase heating efficiency if I plumb the unused tankless coil into the space heating system. Thanks for your patience.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks