Sink drain rough-in... to 1960's era male threaded bronze?

Users who are viewing this thread

dfv2

king overbudget
Reaction score
Nice forum! Been lurking a while, finally needed to register and ask some questions. My name is Steve and I've been renovating my 1960's ranch bath for the last month (yes, month).

FINALLY, I'm trying to decide what to use for my sink drain. Stubbed out from the wall is the original male threaded 1-1/4 fitting, soldered to 1-1/2 copper which runs to a 4" copper drain/vent stack.

Should I go PVC or brass (chrome plated stuff)? Would you guys typically connect to the threaded fitting with an extension, and a nylon washer/screw ring? I'm a little lost on this type of plumbing and need some suggestions. If needed I'll take a pic. FYI this will all be hidden within a vanity so no issues with it looking overly pretty.

Thanks!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would just use the 1 1/4" plastic tubular as long as the pipes are in the correct location for your vanity...
If they are not in the correct location they should be moved before hand...

dfv2

king overbudget
Reaction score
thanks! I was watching holmes on homes, and his plumber guy was using a fernco to transition from the copper stub-out to abs. I just want a worry-free connection as I won't see a leak until it damages a LOT of stuff back there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks