Zoeller pump for laundry tub in fish room

Users who are viewing this thread

BHHOWARD

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of creating a room in my basement to house equipment for my salt water fish tanks. One item I'm adding is a laundry tub that will be used to clean equipment (fish poop, small amounts of sand, small amounts of carbon, and small amount of Granular Ferric Oxide (GFO) - small pebble-link grains), handle about 5 gallons of salt water per day during water changes, be used to dispose of RO waste water, and also handle the drain from a humidifier. I would like the laundry tub to drain into a basin that is on top of the concrete and that ejects into my sewage line. I was thinking about using a Zoeller pump. From this page, http://www.**************.com/drainsystem.html, I've identified a model that may meet my needs. The model is 131-0001. It has the M98 pump.

Questions:
1) Does this seem like a good fit for my needs?
2) Is there any concerns about using this pump for the materials it will be handling?
3) I have read in the past that Zoeller has used inferior switches that fail regularly after two years on some models. I have read that some plumbers are replacing the stock switch with a mercury swtich. Does this model have that issue? Where can I find the mercury switch?
4) Does this basin seem big enough to safely handle 5 gallons of salt water that is automatically sent to the tub daily?

I am also posting another question about a floor sucker model in another thread.

Thanks for your advice,
Brian

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks