(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Freestanding bubble tub installation

DIY Junior Member

Post Freestanding bubble tub installation

REPOSTING TO THIS FORUM THINKING IT MAY BE A MORE APPROPRIATE ONE

I have just purchased a Maax freestanding Reverie tub and am trying to figure out the best way to install it. The floor will be tiled and I'll just have access to the 1/2" drain stub sticking up. P-trap will already be installed. The tub has a separate apron that gets screwed to the floor and the tub, with faucets etc gets set into the apron. The connections for the faucets seem pretty straight forward given they are flexible tubing. My question is what is the best approach for making the drain and overflow connections.

I see two options. In the first I would attach the drain/overflow to the tub and assemble all of the tubing to the point that I can just place glue onto the stub out of the floor when I drop the tub in place. This seems to me to be risky - how do I know the last connection is good until I've started using the tub at which point any problems will cause damage.

The other option is to connect all the tubing to the stub and drain/overflow, drop the tub over it, and then pull the connections through the drain and overflow holes in the tub and screw on the retainer nut/drain. Seems more likely to work this way but having not done it before I'm interested in hearing what folks with more experience think.

Thanks for any help on this - Steve

IF you can access the final connection after the tub is installed, then put it all together and set it into place with the tub. If not, then assemble the drain to the stub, after making very precise measurements, and then place the tub over them, finally screwing the drain and overflow into place.

DIY Junior Member

Thanks HJ.