Speakman Lavatory faucet trouble identifying valve stem.

Users who are viewing this thread

redwater

Reaction score
Because I am not a plumbing person (alas) I broke this bolt that holds the handle in place.
I don't think it can work without it.
It's porcelian and brass trim.

I need to get the bolt for the top of the valve stem. Does anyone recognize this? Do you know if the valve stem or part can be obtained? I am not sure the handle will turn the valve on, without this bolt tightened up.

broadway-01.jpg

broadway-02.jpg

The broken off bolt is located 1/3 the way up the stem, which is at the bottom of this picture (above)

broadway-03.jpg

This is where the bolt goes (into the top of the porcelain handle/ housing)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I will have to check my old catalog on Monday, but it looks very much like a Broadway faucet. That is not good news, because they are gone and no parts are available.
You mentioned speakman.. and that would not be out of line, because Speakman did make some internal stems and cartridges for the Broadway line. I still don't think you can find anything.
The outside shot.....Broadway was bought by Ingersol Rand ....http://company.ingersollrand.com/aboutus/Pages/History.aspx .....( see 1999 ). Being a standup company, when Ingersol Rand dissolved the product line around 2004 they did attempt to maintain service on the lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. It has been a couple of years since I have known anyone to use ths, but give Ingersol Rand a call.

Meanwhile, let's see if some of the other old-timers have a better recognition of your faucet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am having a hard time correlating your use of the word "bolt" with anything on the faucet body. The only thing I see that matches your description is the escutcheon holder, which has nothing to do with the handle turning the faucet on or off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks