Thin stream of water from bathroom faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

dcgardener

Reaction score
Okay, this has been an ongoing (years!) problem. We have extremely low water flow from our downstairs powder room faucet, even though we have excellent water pressure elsewhere throughout the house. The faucet is Jado's single lever New Haven jobbie.

Our first thought was the aerator was clogged, so we checked, but that was okay; no debris. There's no low flow regulator reducing the amount of water either.

When a plumber was here recently on another job, I asked him to take a look to see whether the supply lines were the right size (my husband thought perhaps that might be the problem). The plumber said nope, the lines were fine and the problem was likely inside the faucet.

I have Jado fixtures in the master bathroom and have never had a problem with them, but who knows; I guess this could be a bum one.

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this problem. It's way frustrating. Any ideas??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
OPen it full, and measure how much comes out in say 30-seconds, then double it. Newer vanity faucets are limited to 2.2gpm (or less). Some faucets have screens on their inlets. Take the supply line off the shutoff, and run that into a bucket to see if that has better volume. if the faucet has removeable supply lines, remove it from the faucet and see what volume there is there. The shutoff valve, if a multiple turn, might need replacing (it's often easier than replacing the washer). If itis the source of the problem, replace with a 1/4-turn one...no washer to fail.

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are both hot AND cold doing this? If a bibb washer fomt the shutoff has degraded, peices of it may be stuck in the faucet body. I once found this in a showerhead, from a shutoff in the basement.

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wouldn't got to the trouble and expense to replace the faucet yet. Remove the aerator and supply lines, open both hot and cold sides then shoot compressed air into the spout using short, tiny bursts.w/ a short tube and lungpower. It may be that bits of rust or corrosion lodged in the faucet body from the surge of water being turned on the first time. They usually travel clear thru to the aerator, though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks