Mansfield toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jack Frizzell

Reaction score
I had a new mansfield toilet installed less than a year ago, the dual flush water saver style. It has developed a croaking sound. Doesn't do it 24 hours but starts when I sit or stand. I'm wondering if it is possessed. Tried turning the water off then back on. Still croaks. Sometimes louder sometimes faster. Talked to plumbing store, they have never heard of such a thing. Can it be an air issue? Should I replace the wax ring? It is not leaking.

wdi_ecoflush_1.jpg

WDI Technology EcoFlush

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does this thing have a flapper valve? If not, then it must have some sort of valve that opens to let water go into the bowl to flush. My guess is that that is leaking. The noise you hear is probably the fill valve opening to refill the partially drained tank. Turn the water off before you go to bed. Check the tank level when you get up. My guess is that it is going to be lower than where you started. Then, you need for find and replace the worn part. Another way to do this is to put some food dye in the tank, and see if it ends up in the bowl. This won't work if you let it sit too long, as it could all flush down the drain. The tell is that the tank will be clear, though, if it is leaking, or there will be color in the bowl if it hasn't all been washed away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks