Stinky laundry

Users who are viewing this thread

bhowe24

Reaction score
Lately I've had a problem with my clean laundry coming out smelling like rotten garbage. I'm wondering why this would be and if it has something to do with my washer. Any ideas?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm just going to venture a couple of wild guesses. Is it possible a piece of laundry (a sock?) could be lodged under the agitator and is molded? Is the drain functioning properly. It should be 2" pipe and be trapped near the floor. Perhaps there is a blockage in the drain and gray water is getting into the washer. As I said, these are wild guesses, it will be interesting to hear what it actually is. Likely some of the pros will have first hand experience with a problem like this.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Trap

Often it's because there is no trap. It can also occur if the drain hose goes into the pipe too far and the hourse drainage system backs up occasionally. If you have a trap is there water in it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks