Help on deciding on a Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well its time to choose a toilet and it will be my first Toto. I want to see what the hype is about. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. I had the dreaded American Standard champion toilet but I liked how it flushed. I'm looking for the BIG flush. Probably Double Cyclone flushing?

2. Elongated and must have a 12" rough in.

3. CEFIONTECT - for obvious reasons. I had my gallbladder removed and my body is still getting used to it

4. 2-piece

What I came out with on the Toto site are two that I like:

-Promenade Toilet
-Drake 2

Hard decision here. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Andrew

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The Drake II CST454CEFG is a big time favorite of mine. I consider it to be the best value in the whole Toto line.

ADA, CEFIONTECT, and the double cyclone flush for an improved bowl wash how can you go wrong?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Promenade can be gotten in elongated, comfort height and with CEFIONTECT
CST424EFG or CST424SFG

That would also be a good choice, and it has nice classic styling.
I also sell a lot of the Drake II toilets.

The CEFIONTECT is real good on sticky stuff.
I tried a Kohler Memoirs with Ingenium flush Monday night, and it took me more then four flushes with the entire tank, I held the handle down. And then the tank took so long to refill, and there was a party, and people kept wanting to use the powder room. Embarrassing.

I've been so used to the Drake II, that I forgot what the other toilets were like.
If you're just flushing golf balls, heck, anything will work.

I'm looking forward to getting rid of my Ileostomy bag this September. Normal would be nice.

Andrew21

Reaction score
Thanks Redwood and Terry.

I went with the Promenade CST424SFG. I saw that it had a powerful flush, CEFIONTECT and enlogated. My other bathroom, I'll get the Drake II.

I'll let you know how it all turns out. Thank you!

Andrew21

Reaction score
OK, got the toilet and tank. The toilet is beautiful!! How nice and shiny =)

But here's where it gets strange. I see that the tank had a chip, or a piece missing. There are no missing parts in the box but the chip looks like it was intentionally created there. Possibly to put your finger in there to raise the lid in case you need to take it off? I see that there is a chip, or a dip or piece in the manual. Is this normal? Here's the pic in the manual. If you want, I can take a pic of the tank. Thank you

franklin-square-toto.jpg

Andrew21

Reaction score
All newer toilets have this to allow for air flow when you flush the toilet. The tank has to drain very quickly and must be able to breath.

Nice..never thought of that. Its like opening up an old can of soup and not making an opening on the other side..i understand! thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks