UPC Code and wall mount sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Oakland

Reaction score
I am moving along with a bathroom remodel project and I have hit a snag on the bathroom sink. The vanity is an antique table with a vessel sink. The table is open on the bottom so the P trap will be exposed. The faucet we chose is a Watermark Designs wall mount faucet with a hot and cold knob. The existing 1 1/2 drain currently runs from a turn below the base plate of the wall vertically to a height of about 46 inches where it makes a left turn and connects to the vent.

The existing drain is about an inch and a half left of the center of the new sink but I figure I can compensate for that with the P-Trap. The vertical vent above the drain is the problem. I read that vents are not to run horizontal except 6 inches above the flood level. 6 inches above the flood level is still above my wall mount faucet. Any advice as to how to get the ABS out of the way and stay within the UPC?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
45 degrees is the same as vertical.

Or you can cut the drain out and move it to the correct location, moving the vent at the same time.
With many sinks, I arm over to allow for backing above, or in your case a wall mount faucet.

Oakland

Reaction score
Wall mount

I guess I am not sure what it means to "arm over." Do you have any photos? Terry, you have been a lifesaver in this project, Thanks

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
Bring the drain line up through the floor either to the left or the right of the sink location. Put the tee at the desired height but instead of facing it out the wall turn it towards the center of the sink location. Put in a piece of pipe with an elbow turning out the wall. It is actually the best way to drain a pedestal type sink or a sink with a wall mount faucet.

Oakland

Reaction score
Sink

Here is what I have now. I plan to cut the copper and continue the lines up the the wall mount height. The hold which is visible in the base plate of the wall (left of the giant gouge) is the new hole i drilled to connect the vent to the toilet drain (out of frame). So if I cut the ABS behind the existing turn upwards and move it left to say the giant gouge (that is where I removed the old vent) then up to the sanitary tee and finally make a turn 6 inches above the flood level and connect to the vent I should be good...right? Ill maintain the 1/4 in per foot for the 1.5 ft then connect a bend for the p-trap. Do I need to worry about the proximity of the sink drain to the toilet vent or am I completely over thinking this?

Attachments

• bathroom sink.jpg
    bathroom sink.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,004
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks