Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

kaubin25

Reaction score
Hello,

I'll be turning a W/D room into a full bath. The tile in the W/D is very nice and I'd like to keep it intact. The W/D room is configured perfectly to become a bathroom with a perfectly sized space for a standard tub where the W/D now sit. I know I will need to expose the wall studs to anchor the tub (it's an standard tub, not a claw-foot) and install backer board for the surround but I really don't want to pull up the old tile where the tub will go out of fear that I would have to replace all of the floor tile. The tile is no longer available and we really like the pattern. I can't think of any reason why I would have to remove the tile under the tub. It's relatively new (2002), installed well, and, like I said, very nice. I can get underneath from my unfinished basement. If there is a gap between the tub and floor when I level it, I'll use cut white bullnose pieces to cover the gap. (I've done this before in a new bathroom install and it looked great.) Am I missing something about the tub install or will this work fine?

Thanks in advance,
kaubin25

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks