Room for a shower seat??

Users who are viewing this thread

Spedprof

Reaction score
Folks,

I'm having a 52X30 inch shower redone. Do I have room for a corner shower seat?? If so, what is the minimum size it need be to be used as a seat (at some future time)?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are a couple of ways to do a seat: monument and wall hung. A wall hung one has some advantages, because you can store things underneath, and your feet can sit at a more natural position, partly under you which doesn't happen with a monument (solid) one. I put a wall-hung one in my mother's shower called a 'Better Bench' from www.inovus.com. You can actually install the thing after the shower is built, if you wish, rather than as it is being built. The wall-hung also means you can turn around and have more room for your feet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Plenty of room for a seat, but what KIND you can use depends on how the shower is going to be constructed. If done incorrectly, they can be a source of leaks.

CollinLeon

Old Fart
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the monument type since I think it is easier to clean. I think it also looks more "high end" than something that is just hanging on a wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks