Trane vs Day & Night 3 ton air/heating unit

Users who are viewing this thread

JLD

Reaction score
I have a heating and air contractor who quoted install of a Trane combination heat/air and wants to install a Day & Night unit instead. He assured me no difference between the units. Any advise?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Day and Night is a brand manufactured by one of the big companies who produce equipment for private labels. I woudn't say anything bad about it. Trane would take issue that it is as good as theirs, but they just feel that way all the time!! Day and Night seems to have very good warranty coverage.

I would say the most important piece in the equation is the installing contractor. Get a good one, because no matter what the brand, he is the biggest factor in a good system, and in future warranty issues if they should come up.

Gator37

Retired prof. engr.
Reaction score
40 years ago Day and Night was up there with Stewart Warner which were cheaper units than Trane and that is why we installed them. Don't know it that is the case today. I would check the warranty as Jimbo indicated and see which one has the best although I would guess they were the same. 1 year parts and labor and 4 additional years on parts (with labor additional.) You would have to compare them component by component....for instance I think the coil guard is extra on the Trane unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks