Pacific Plumbing Supply at the Boston Red Sox vs Mariner Game Friday July 23rd

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Friday Taylor and I went to the Boston Red Sox game with the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field in Seattle.
Compliments of Pacific Plumbing Supply, and sponsored by Rheem Water Heaters, American Standard, and a few others. Sorry the other brands escape me.

We met at the Pyramid Brewery across the street for food an refreshments, where I was able to have some lively discussions with the American Standard Representatives. Vice President Tom Santer had come out from New Jersey to work up his Wholesale Sales and Strategy promotion.
I was there with one of my favorite wholesale suppliers. I buy a lot of my American Standard and TOTO from them.

tom-santer.jpg

Tom Santer of American Standard in the black shirt

Tom was well aware of the forum here. He knew all about the letter from their lawyer, so after that we had a good old fashioned "East Coast" discussion of it.
Long story short, they may fly me out to New Jersey, if I don't come back, will someone tell my family?

I did ask about their kitchen sink line too. I needed a safe topic. Is there a really great kitchen sink besides Stainless that anyone is selling now?
Someone needs to come out with a killer kitchen sink line that isn't stainless and doesn't break dishes.

pacific_scott.jpg

Scott with the sun glasses on his head.

I was supposed to go with the son I work with, James, invited by Scott from Pacific.
Scott comes to a lot of Jamie's gigs around town when his band plays. He's one of the guys that we buy from.

safeco_723_taylor_1.jpg

Taylor Love wearing a team uniform from a softball team that I sponsor.

My youngest son Taylor had a good time, he loved all the food, you do when you are still growing like he is. He talked to the American Standard reps about his upcoming trip to Boston to check out Wentworth Institute of Technology where he's been offered some scholarship funding. My older brother James had gone to school across the street at Harvard before going to Princeton in New Jersey.
Earlier in the week, Taylor had played on my son Jamie's softball team, first time for that at eighteen, he's growing up.
The last time he played was eight grade in Pony League.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Me at the game, enjoying the sun that day. Lot's of room for my legs too.
safeco_723_terry2.jpg

There were as many Boston fans as Mariner fans it seemed.
Boston has three very good players on their team that spent time in the Mariner system.
Jason Varitek, Beltre and Okay, my minds blanking now.
Just googled it,
Mike Cameron
I have two weeks of chemo left at this point. I've gained 30 pounds since losing 40 this Spring.
I'm looking forward to not being so tired looking when I'm done with this.

safeco_723_field.jpg

Safeco and the city looking to the North

safeco_723_field3.jpg

We lost 1-2 to Boston that day, but it was still a good game to watch.

safeco_field_1.jpg

Safeco Field

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Looks like you had great weather. I wish we had some of that here.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, on that play, Taylor and I just looked at each other and I said,

"Have you ever seen that at the Major League level?"

No.

Attachments

• figgins.jpg
    figgins.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 568

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I see Taylor brought both of his girlfriends to the game.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There were about fifty that were in the suite. Taylor didn't have an invite for his GF.
He was very happy to be there though. It was the first time that I had been in one, I've sat everywhere from the highest, farthest seat, to one near the third base line, (bought that one from a scalper on the way to the field, better seats then the box office would have had) and other random spots. A beautiful place to watch baseball.
All paid for by tax payers. So now I have to go a few times a year to get my money's worth.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
He disregarded my constant praise of the American Standard Cadet 3 which we all know to be an outstanding toilet for the high income East Coast resident who likes to do a bit of DIY at the weekend.

If you're lazy and live on the West Coast, sure, try another brand.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
"What did you do to get a "lawyer letter" from AmStd!!!!!"
Jimbo

What did I do?
I allow people to post on their experience with products. Sometimes the news is not all good.
I used to get letters from Consumer Reports too, and a local plumbing company in the Seattle area that didn't like me mentioning that I had to finish one of their jobs for them. Hey, someone had to finish the home, it's not like they weren't on the job, they just didn't know what to do. And Consumer Reports, if their report made sense, I wouldn't have bothered to write mine. As a plumber I was getting sick and tired of their mistakes. At least hire a plumber to do the writing. I don't write about baby food. Oh, that's right, CR does write about baby food. Is there anything under the sun that they don't have an opinion about. What are their qualifications anyway?

A/S's big complaint seems to be that I also include toilets not sold in big box stores in my reports.
That's right Ian, if it's not sold at big box, I'm not supposed to talk about them on this blog.
It's okay if my customers keep asking for Toto, but just don't put that in print I guess.
And Ian, I visited the Washington DC area, it doesn't look to have that much money to me. The homes here look much nicer, and they look better inside too.
Big Box may be more for the East Coast then it is in my area. Here they can afford better.

Big box sells a few brands, but there is a whole world out there besides what their buyers can afford to stock the shelves with.

And then to get me in more trouble with A/S, achutch drops this little bomb on Saturday morning.
https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...t-Three-Toilet-consumer-product-review/page22

And for quite a while he was a Cadet 3 supporter.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks