Any HVAC contractors onboard.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
For a somewhat extensive multi ductless split install......and this is just based on all the quotes I've had sofar....just short of manufactures warranty & the hvac shop 1 or 2 year guarantee, what should I look for as for as PROPER CHARGING of the HVAC system.

Long story short, one of the compressors did not fire up. It turned out to be a loose wiring on the mainboard....but the tech who came to diagnose it on the phone with Mitsu on the line made this ugly non professional tap for whatever reason I don't know. Anyhow, the room is cold and does hold temp fairly well. I'm just not sure bearing what the tech did, is the charge on the compressor correct or not .....

I've got some punchlist items to review with the hvac shop and am making a punchlist.
Should I be concerned...

Ugly Tap here
hvac1.jpg

Chefwong

Reaction score
I thought came to me.....by doing the pinching, and then brazing, how common is it , as opposed to using pre made couplers - how suspectiable is it that TOO MUCH solder Wicker in causing

- less flow of refrigernent
& or a *dry joint* due to 2 much solder ?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pinching like that to reduce the tubing size is not "common", but neither is it a rarity. Done correctly, there is neither too much or too little "solder" and it does not get into the tubing. A different question would be why the unit did not already have "charging cocks" on it so that would not have to be done, and why didn't he do it to both sides unless there was already one there? As for whether the charge is correct or not, there is no way we can tell without testing it. He should have evacuated the system and recharged it after installing the Shraeder valve.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Indeed I am perplexed as service ports are on the unit, not quite sure why the tech who was troubleshooting this decided to cut the lineset, T it and show off his fine technique on brazing......

It's on my punchlist of things to review, as I just don't *feel right* that on a brand new install, in which he was also the highest bidder...., I've got this level of quality on the install...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks