Can you give me a BALLPARK cost estimate please?

Users who are viewing this thread

diecastdawg

Reaction score
I know there are tons of variables with any job, but I'm just looking for a ballpark cost estimate for a licensed plumber to do this, and I know the actual cost can be outside of whatever range of answers are provided.

I'm converting a half bath to a full bath (just a shower).

What is a ball park cost estimate for the rough-in plumbing only for changing the exiting toilet plumbing to shower plumbing, leaving the sink plumbing where it is, but replacing the supply lines and drain lines with new, and adding toilet plumbing in a new location?

Other pertinent facts:
This is not a large bathroom (maybe 10' by 7' overall).
First floor bathroom with crawl space access (approx. 2 to 3 ft clearance in crawl space).
Vent is at sink.
40 yr old house, so 4" and 2" drain lines are cast iron (but will only be replaced where necessary)
Sheetrock and flooring has been stripped, so easy access for drilling / installation.

Thanks for your help. Again, I'm only looking for a BALLPARK cost for the rough-in plumbing so that I can budget the overall cost of the remodel.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Your best bet is to get someone from your area for a estimate. It's impossible for someone to give an estimate without a on site look, sorry.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is no "ballpark" estimate which could come anywhere close to the actual cost. There are so many variables that trying to anticipate all of them, without seeing the actual job, would escalate the price to the point where you might thing we were giving you the price to DO a ballpark.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Oh I don't know Shacko, for a half a million I would tackle it without having a look see :)

Years ago I worked for a company that had the habit of bidding jobs over the phone; then they would jump on your azz when they went in the hole; they were still doing it when I quit. ;)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
No one has wanted to hazard a dollar amount. Sometimes, we will, But you are talking about putting a toilet in a different location. No idea about joists, wall access for vents.....etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks