Help find a replacement handle/faceplate for Price Pfister Shower Valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffeklund

Reaction score
Based on the images shown, where can I obtain a replacement. I tried Lowes and they had no equivalent. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pp

I haven't seen one of those for decades. It is a PricePfister FlowMatic valve, call 1-800-PFAUCET and see if PP still stocks the parts, other than the operating mechanism, otherwise do an Internet search for FlowMatic and maybe you will find one somewhere.

Asktom

Reaction score
I don't think you will find any trim parts other than the handle. Here are some numbers:

PP OEM # 940-321
Larsen # HL-54A
Danco & Plumbmaster # 31657
Partsmaster # PP940-321

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Around here, you can still find that handle and cartridge in some of the local hardware stores....Dixiline, Ace, etc. in certain neighborhoods where developers used a lot of that valve. Not likely to find it in blue or orange. You can find it here : c******************
look at item# 444000 handle, and item # 485750
note: the commercial website I wanted to reference is blocked by the board filters. If you want to search for the items on line, PM me.

A word of advice: although the cartridge still is in a PP OEM package, for MANY years they have been sourcing it from Alsons, who gets it in Mexico. The original ceramic disc cart was quite long lasting. The imports seem to exhibit a lot of infant mortality and catastrophic failures. I would strongly think about getting a new valve installed.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks