Any problems with this bathroom layout?

Users who are viewing this thread

trinitony

Reaction score
I see a possible few problems.

1) To stand in front of the right hand sink it looks like the corner of the tub frame will it be in the way?
2) Also, does the right hand vanity have a door or draws on the very far right. A door it will bang into the tub frame and may not open all the way.
3) If there are draws, will they be able to be opened enough?
4) Where is the door for the shower? It should be facing the vanity.

Been away for a bit, actually in sunny florida..lol..need to get back focused.

1,2,& 3 I'm aware of and may end up going with a 6'. And for right now I have the shower door (slider), facing the toilet. ? - why should it be facing the vanity? Tks...

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I was seeing that a swing door on the shower and the 30" mark on the wall (I assume another door) would be hitting each other or just in the way of each other as when they are opened. The picture looks like the 30" door swings away from the bathroom because I do not see any hinges. Then you write it will be a slider door for the shower, so it is probably OK. If it was my bath I would make the shower a neo-angle in that corner. It gives it more class & glass. The door would swing in or out (frame-less glass) and you would egress into the shower more in the middle of the room. With this much planning it will come out nice. Three years ago I gutted my master bath. After five months the wife was very happy. Be sure to use quality fixtures and porcelain tile. Frame-less glass is expensive but well worth it and nothing is better than granite counters. I attached a link to my project so you can see the pictures. I did gut it down to the outside CBS wall because of mold and all around the tub and shower, but I have no pictures of that part of the project. My project cost about $6,000 and I did all of it myself except the glass and granite. The six foot vanity from the big box store that starts with L was $1100 with taxes, granite was about $900 plus $200 for sinks, glass was $1350. These three items were 1/2 the cost. The four faucets (2 sinks, tub, shower) cost $500+. A new tub, Kohler cast iron $325, Kohler toilet $160. It sure adds up fast. Every visit to the big box orange store I was spending $50-$75 just for tools, parts, fittings, etc. The porcelain tile ran $1200. So be careful and count your money as the project goes on. At the end it is worth it.
Bathroom
. If you do not see a link or pictures go to this link. http://picasaweb.google.com/WorthFlorida/Bathroom#

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks