Timer suggestion Lake pump

Users who are viewing this thread

he8833

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a timer that would turn on/off a 3/4 HP lake pump.....volt rating 115/230 on a 20amp breaker

Ideally I want to be able turn it on ONLY a few days a week not EVRY DAY for around 60 minutes

I spoke with Intermatic today and they recommended Intermatic Self-Adjusting Wall Switch Timer (ST01C)
http://www.intermatic.com/products/timers/consumer indoor timers/in-wall timers/st01c.aspx

I was pretty sold on this unit until I started reading some reviews on it

Specifically the battery is not charged by line voltage and instead soley by the battery...Thus battery needs to be replaced often..

Could anyone recommend something similar that is reliable. I suppose all the digital timers relative to the old dial ones will be more prone to failing....A dial one would be fine.......I'm all ears on a recommendation

Last edited:

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I used the same one on a lighting circuit because it was outdoor CFL's, the battery backup lasts about 2 years. The switch is electro-mechanical, the battery is only for memory.

he8833

Reaction score
Are you sure the switch is electro mechnical? and not powered by the battery. Was it reliabe? There was also a recall on ST01C last June.....Is there a better switch out there for my scenario?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It seems to say the battery is for memory backup. So, if you don't have power outages, it could probably last a very long time. resolve that by calling them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are MANY, including Intermatic, timers which have the "skip a day" feature. They also come in all varieties. Grainger's has many in its catalog.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks