Sterling Accord bathtub, installation with pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

tubdummy

Reaction score
I am looking for an inexpensive update for my condo bathroom. I purchased the Aquaglass Eleganza, but the surround was cracked. When I looked online to see if my Lowe's had another in stock, the reviews caught my eye. They were horrible, particularly for the tub. 68 out of 69 reviews said the tub cracked in less than a year. So, when I return the cracked surround I'll be leaving the tub in the store, too. I looked at the Sterling Accord at the depot, but I can't find any reviews for this product. Does anyone have any knowledge or first-hand experience with this tub/shower surround? Thanks!

tubdummy

Reaction score
It says it is caulk-less and the pieces just snap together. I'm nervous about it leaking. Part of the reason for this update is that the old tub/shower leaked resulting in a hole in my living room ceiling. Does it really work without caulk? If you caulk it, will that cause any kind of damage to the product? Thanks so much for your help! This has caused me a lot of angst, so I really appreciate the advice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Sterling tub shower and shower units don't require caulking, they snap together.

There must be thousands and thousands of them installed without caulk, and there is no way they could leak. Just no way.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
accord_ito_1.jpg

accord_ito_2.jpg

The old tub was a tile with steel tub and a Delta 600 faucet.

accord_ito_3.jpg

For starters, how about a pressure balanced Delta Valve

accord_ito_4.jpg

A little shimming, a little mortar mix.

accord_ito_5.jpg

Pop the back wall in.

accord_ito_6.jpg

The pivot in the faucet side panel and trim it out.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
accord_ito_7.jpg

Drywall will need to be added.

accord_ito_8.jpg

We need to caulk the valve now.

accord_ito_9.jpg

Now it would be nice to finish up with a new floor.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks