(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The worlds best sewer tools and equipment !

Quote Originally Posted by Doherty Plumbing View Post
    I have the new K-400 and it's a great machine. It works great for what it does and it would appear to get a similar model (or atleast style) from Trojan Inc I would have to pay $3,000 USD vs the $750 CAD I paid for my Ridgid which does a great job and works just fine....

I'm all for having great tools that are a good quality and will last a long time. But I couldn't justify spending an addtional $2250 for the Trojan to do the same job.

For the price of a Trojan I could buy 4 Ridgid machines....

(This is for a k400 with autofeed and a Trojan Pony (#TR5555) with autofeed.

Although the Trojan does come with 6 more feet of cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The K-400 and Spartan 300 are not even close to being in the same class.

Journeyman & Gas Fitter Doherty Plumbing's Avatar

haha I have never seen, or heard of, Spartan machines but I just googled them and they do look pretty much identical.

Journeyman & Gas Fitter Doherty Plumbing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AssTyme View Post
    The K-400 and Spartan 300 are not even close to being in the same class.
    I'm sure they're not. I would also assume the Trojan Pony is better then the Ridgid K-400. But it's also 4x the price.

TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP MACPLUMB 777's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry to take so long getting back to you on these questions and statements you posted

# 12.
    I only tell it like it is I would not try to sell something I did not have complete faith in as I stand behind the machines, the same as Trojan Worldwide does with the best service plan in the trades

Apples and Oranges the Rigid k400 and Trojan pony are (2) different machines to compare it to the Trojan "Colt" which sells for $999.00 dollars U.S. Add the style and kind of cable you want.

# 15
    The Trojan main sewer equipment is patterned after spartan by someone who had many years experience selling Spartan, but the components are all made and assembled in the U.S.A. All parts are 100 percent interchangeable with Spartans.

# 18
    The Trojan pony runs either 5/8"x82' or .55''x110' feet of cable to run 3",4",or 6" main sewer line it will also accept with adapters the colt drums running 1/2''x75' for 2'',3'', 4'' sewers, 13/32'' x 75 cables for 1 1/2'',2'',& 3'' sewers or 5/16'' x 35 ft 1/4'' x 35 for small drains and is what i consider the best and most versatile machine on the market.

#18 a
    You can also add second or 3rd. main line cables by changing out the drums to run over 246' of main sewer
    Last edited by MACPLUMB 777; 07-28-2010 at 05:19 PM.

MACPLUMB 777

JERRYMAC@TROJANWORLDWIDE.COM

35 YEAR MASTER PLUMBER, HEATING, ELECTRIC, DRAINS, FIRE SPRINKLERS, WATER HEATER
    AND BOILERS SINCE JAN, 1989

281-706-1631 7 DYS A WEEK SALES AND TECH. SUPPORT
    Trojan Worldwide Web Site

Blog Entries

I almost missed
    Trojan makes the worlds finest quality oil tempered, heat treated, music wire cables and is the first to start offering stainless steel cables over 2 years ago and now has stainless steel closet augers,

MACPLUMB 777

35 YEAR MASTER PLUMBER, HEATING, ELECTRIC, DRAINS, FIRE SPRINKLERS, WATER HEATER

Hey Jerry I heard that their battery powered Pony and Stallion have all kinds of torque over the AC powered units..

Blog Entries

Yes they do if you hook up a 1065 to a STALLION battery model with the 1065 running it will stop the 1065 and make it run backwards,
    and the battery powered COLT can run a week snaking drains on one charge !
    Last edited by MACPLUMB 777; 07-28-2010 at 06:26 PM.

MACPLUMB 777

Blog Entries

Trojan battery powered machines are missing something that you cannot run any other machine without
    extension cords !
    So when you are up to your ankles in sewer water, there is no grounded plug around,
    or you just want to save time setting up and reloading your equipment
    Trojan stallion or colt is the way to go !

MACPLUMB 777

Quote Originally Posted by Doherty Plumbing View Post
    I'm sure they're not. I would also assume the Trojan Pony is better then the Ridgid K-400. But it's also 4x the price.

4X the price gets you 20X more machine

I bought my PowerSnake in 1975 for about $1,500 with 3 drums and cables. I just replaced its frame because the motor mount finally rusted off, and I have only replaced about 5 cables, so my amortization costs are very low, particularly since I charge a fee every time I use it. Other companies now have their own versions which look just like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    I bought my PowerSnake in 1975 for about $1,500 with 3 drums and cables. I just replaced its frame because the motor mount finally rusted off, and I have only replaced about 5 cables, so my amortization costs are very low, particularly since I charge a fee every time I use it. Other companies now have their own versions which look just like mine.
    At 7 years service life to a cable I guess it's safe to assume you aren't keeping the machine really busy with work...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redwood View Post
    at 7 years service life to a cable i guess it's safe to assume you aren't keeping the machine really busy with work...
    Yes professional plumbers that do drain cleaning for a living and not as a sideline when
    nothing else is happening run approx 5 to 10 drains a day and the best are lucky to get a
    year or so out of a main line cable before it becomes too soft or worn out !
    I am sad to say I do not see any one using a power snake that much when there are better
    designed drain cleaning machines with power cable feeds etc. That Williams does not
    have and by the way I have their current catalog in front of me
    I believe in knowing not only the products I sell but also what others are selling also !
    Last edited by MACPLUMB 777; 07-31-2010 at 10:20 PM.

MACPLUMB 777

Quote Originally Posted by MACPLUMB 777 View Post
    Yes professional plumbers that do drain cleaning for a living and not as a sideline when
    nothing else is happening run approx 5 to 10 drains a day and the best are lucky to get a
    year or so out of a main line cable before it becomes too soft or worn out !
    I am sad to say I do not see any one using a power snake that much when there are better
    designed drain cleaning machines with power cable feeds etc. That Williams does not
    have and by the way I have their current catalog in front of me
    I believe in knowing not only the products I sell but also what others are selling also !

You would be a very busy boy doing 5 - 10 main line jobs every day ! Hard to believe one could make a main line cable last one year with 2500+ jobs.

Blog Entries

It is fairly easy to do that many calls a day when you are working at a drain cleaning

service company only, with 24 hour a day 7 days a week on call service times !

As for example Roto Rooter was back in the old days of the 70's and before

and if you are a true drain professional you know how to take care of your machines

as while as your cables after all they are your bread and butter !

MACPLUMB 777

I do not abuse my cables. But I do not consider sewer and drain cleaning my "bread and butter". If all I did was sewers and drains, then I might do 10 a day, but then I would not do the other things which really pay my bills.