Franklin 3 HP Deluxe Control Box parts

Users who are viewing this thread

andybull

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where I can buy parts for model # 282 302 8310 at a good price?

Start Overload 275 411 118
Run Overload 275 411 115
Contactor 155 325 102
Relay - 230 V* 155 031 102, or103

TIA,

Andy

Last edited:

andybull

Reaction score
I need the relay, I would however like to know the prices for the rest. The cheapest deluxe box I've found is around $220.00.

BTW, why install a Deluxe box over a standard? This is the second relay to go out on this well. The well was used to construct the house, it was shut off and when I turned it on the other day it ran, pressurized the tank, stopped and would not re start.

Ichabod

Reaction score
When I went shopping for parts versus new box, local or online purchase, I found that a new box purchased locally was less expensive.

Ichabod

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The relay in the deluxe box takes all the amperage off the pressure switch. If you are burning relays or pressure switches, you need to do something to reduce or eliminate the cycling.

Rutherfordman

DIY Member
Reaction score
Some of the folks on the board may be able to supply you with parts. I will let them chime in if they have any. I have learned to test and replace the parts in mine for much less than a new box costs. Lightning is my enemy and it usually takes out the relay and maybe a reset button. I can have the breaker off and lightning will cook the relay still. All I can figure is it comes in on the ground wire so now I have a way to disconnect it. Below are some online places which have some parts if you cannot find elsewhere.

http://store.thepumpwarehouse.com/prostores/servlet/-strse-Franklin-Control-Box-Parts/Categories
http://www.wilsonelectric.com/franklin.htm
www.sealdistributors.com/capacitors.pdfelectric.com/franklin.htmhttp

andybull

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I purchased a box on **** which I will install, I would like to keep the old box as a spare so please let me know where to get the best prices for the guts.

Andy

Rutherfordman

DIY Member
Reaction score
Definitely keep the old box and rebuild it. You will be glad you did if the new one goes out. This gives you time to hunt down the parts and not have to buy another new box. If the Seal Distributors link does not work just go to their main page. As I stated the Relay is usually what goes in mine and it runs around $45.00 or so. I had a great place to get parts called Roanoke Armature but they quit selling them recently. I am always looking for new places to find parts so if you run across anything let me know. Franklin gives you great testing info on the inside of the box cover. I am no electrician so if I can figure it out anyone can.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks