Pitless Adaptor

Users who are viewing this thread

eod4647

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I have a couple quick questions. I plan to add a pitless adaptor so that I can fill in the well pit. Didn't have the time or money to do so last year when I put in a new pump. So what I need to know is what I will need and what type of pipe can be buried. Currently there are two PE pipes running into the pit, one supplies the house and the other supplies three freeze proof hydrants and a waterer for our horses. Joining those two lines is some schedule 40 PVC pipe, a couple valves and a union before attaching to the drop pipe.
Can schedule 40 PVC be buried (I'll eliminate the valves and union) or should I use some other type of pipe? And what about extending the well casing? It appears to be PVC, currently extends about a foot above the bottom of the pit. Can I just get a 10 foot piece of PVC and glue it/seal it to the well casing?
Thanks for your help and advice.

Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks