royal venton toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

biffripjock

Reaction score
hi all
i have a large capacity toilet marked royal venton behind the toliet seat hinge. inside the tank its marked made in canada 1974.
it flushes lazy after flapper replacement. i read that terry sasy new flappers wont work period. is there any other alternative. i also googled the heck out of the name and could find nothing. who made this beast?

thanks

B

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In what post does it say that new flappers don't work?
A standard toilet repair pretty much always includes a new flapper.

Here's what I find on Royal Venton

[video=youtube;nB0eHFCL1rE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0eHFCL1rE[/video]

Last edited:

biffripjock

Reaction score
anything else

ah crap! i tried to reply but something happened. anywho it went like this...............

wow hey the man himself! how are ya?
the post was on another site here is the c&p

RE: toilet flapper closes too fast

clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings
Posted by terry_love (My Page) on Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 14:30
Since 1992, toilets have used 1.6 gallon or less by law.
The tanks will hold up to 3 gallons.
Do the math. A tank does not empty during the flush cycle.
If you want a 3.5 gallon toilet, you will have to look in a second hand store.

Toilets since 1992 have had quick closing flappers. If you try to flush an entire tank in the new bowls, and it's plugged even a little bit, you can overflow the bowl onto the floor.

The toilet you are trying to "improve" was poor when it was new. You can't make a silk purse out of that dog you bought. Check the Map rating.
The 2" flush valve "Aquaforce" from A/S was very low end.
I wouldn't have one in my home.
You would be better off with the Cadet 3 if you want something from American Standard. Just remember to inspect the porcelain before bringing it home.
Terry Love

when you talk about quick closing flappers and low flush toilets, i assumed that this would mean not putting a new flapper in a 1974 large flush unit. well unless there is any other suggestions i guess i will buy a low flush replacement this weekend. seems a shame really, we are on well here with lots of water.
ps i also found that video which really doesnt say to much. i was hopping for a manufacturer or opinions like its crap or its great or its made by AS

just hoping someone here would know.
thanks again
B

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Before you rush out a buy a new toilet, research this site. All low flow toilets are not created equal. In fact, some of the famous name brands are now junk. If you want a really good toilet, seriously consider a Toto. There are many models to chose from and any of them will function well. When they need a new flapper or fill valve, they are standard parts found in any hardware or plumbing store. They don't clog.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Since 1992, the "new" toilets have had quick closing flappers.

The pre 1992 toilets have flappers that are "slow" closing.
There are plenty of those flappers for replacements in the hardware store.

Old toilet gets the old style flapper that drains the entire tank.
New toilet gets the flapper that drops quicker, does not drain the entire tank.

Clear yet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks