cast iron slop sink drain HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

cleo

Reaction score
I want to remove an old 1920's cast iron slop sink. The drain looks like it is puttied in. the trap says Lou Works and the number on it is P7298 it looks like cast iron. How do I get the drain to come out of this trap?
It has tons of build up on the inside looks like hard water scale. Thank you.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Without knowing exactly what you have I will give you one way to take them apart.

The drain should have a grid in it, if so you have to get a piece of pipe that just fits, cut two slots into the pipe that matches the grid, put it into the drain and use a pipe wrench to unscrew, if it's too gunked up to come out you will have to cut it out, luck.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The drain unscrews from the trap, and then the trap unscrews from the wall, but it may be easier to just saw the outlet pipe and slide the entire unit out of the way in one piece.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks