Can anyone identify this shower cartridge?

Users who are viewing this thread

deepdrop

Reaction score
I have a shower with a single lever control. Someone removed the handle and escutcheon and I would like to replace them, but I don't know what brand it is and what parts to get.

I'm including a picture. Can anyone offer any help? Thanks.

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2331.jpg
    IMG_2331.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 503

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Quite often an "off brand" item like that will be common to a given area. Take the picture to some of the plumbing companies in the neighborhood to see if they are familiar with it. Once you have a make and model, then you can see about getting new parts, if the company is still in business.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Pictures of the handle and trim will be further clues.

I browsed thru Alfano, and can't identify it. The shape of the stem makes it a real poser.

Last edited:

deepdrop

Reaction score
Thanks

Hi,
Thank you all for the replies. I live in a very rural area, so there are not a lot of plumbing supply stores, but I did take it to the ones I know of. Nobody recognized it. It was probably put in about 1978 when the house was built, although of course it's possible that it was upgraded since then.

There's no consistency throughout the house in terms of what brand of fixtures were used so I can't go by that. I've sent it in to a few online supply stores without luck.

Thanks again for trying. Maybe someone will come up with something. If I get an answer, I'll post it.

Dan

deepdrop

Reaction score
faxing the picture

HJ,

Thanks for the fax number. Who am I faxing it to?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The fax number is alfano. I already looked thru the catalog, but they are very good at identifying things. google alfano plumbing parts

deepdrop

Reaction score
jimbo,

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure you guys weren't messing with me<g>. It could have been some massage parlor in Thailand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks