Have you seen this screw/faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

amoncarter

Reaction score
Hi Y'all

I am hoping someone of the forum has seen my type faucet before.. I have several of these that are leaking and am looking for help identifying the faucets. There are some at 4inch and some at 8inch, but with identical handles/screws (see below) - so a safe bet that they are the same company.

the large ones (not pictured) actually say Delta in the front - but Delta customer service cannot identify the faucets.

They all have a hex head (color coded to water temperature) screw in the handle - and most of mine have been stripped by someone using a Philips instead of an allen wrench before I got there.

Questions:

1. Can anyone definitely identify these as Delta (in which case their generic seat/spring will work)
2. Any ideas on the screws - I can't seem to find anything on color coded hex head screws..
3. Is the colored screw just to indicate temperature and should I be looking for a hidden set screw or some other way to take off the handle?

Thanks/Micky

Attachments

• faucet 005.jpg
    faucet 005.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 332
  • faucet1.jpg
    faucet1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 306

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pull the handle that you removed the screw from and take a picture of the stem underneath it. THAT will be a better indicator of the manufacturer than the handle or screw.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Moen has a commercial lav that uses colored TORX screws on the handles. It would help a lot if you took out the cartridge and posted a pic of what's inside that faucet. If it is seats and springs, delta parts probably work no matter who made it.

amoncarter

Reaction score
Closure

Thanks for all the help - Delta seat/springs worked. The aluminum red/blue screws are special order.

Asktom

Reaction score
If you aren't worried about somebody stealing the handles, just use a regular slotted or phillips head handle screw.